From a legal perspective, a body corporate is a legal entity and therefore may require legal advice from time to time as would an individual or a company.
Kellee Fogg has worked alongside many bodies corporate and her dealings have provided her with expertise in:
- Providing advice on the terms of a new caretaking and/or letting agreement
- Perusing existing caretaking and/or letting agreements and providing advice in respect of a request to consent to an assignment of those agreements, a request to consent to the granting of an additional option or an extension of a current period
- Perusing and providing advice on contract terms and conditions prior to signing
- Compliance with the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997
- Preparation of all necessary Titles Office documents required to effect registration of the recording of a new community management statement or recording of the address for service of the body corporate
- Attendance at annual/extraordinary general meetings in the role of Returning Officer for the purposes of collecting, collating and tallying votes for secret ballots
- Providing general advice on a range of legal topics
As a committee member, unit owner, body corporate manager or contractor, please feel free to contact our office to discuss any issue that the body corporate may require assistance with. Our office can work with you to provide a service within your budget. If required, a written estimate of fees can be provided for voting upon at the next committee or AGM.